Wednesday 31 March 2010

Completed College Magazine Front Cover

This week I have been creating my college magazine on Photoshop. I have found it easiest and best to put each individual piece of text or image on their own layer. That way you have more control where you move things and how you can edit them.

I am pleased with my completed college magazine front cover. The masthead is really bold and it’s the first thing you notice. Second is the cover image, this I am really pleased with. By taking the photograph in a class room but also by having the subject smiling and looking happy to be there is great, It really emphasises to the reader that the magazine is a college magazine with a connection to education. The cover lines to really match with the magazine too.


If I was to redo the front cover I would change the font style. At the moment its really bold and captures the readers attention, but this is not really necessary, the magazine is free the cover lines do not have to sell the magazine. With other college and life style
magazines I have looked at, the front page is still much simper than my own.

Finished College Magazine Front Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment