Wednesday 31 March 2010

Decisions

Today I have written the text for my music magazine double page spread. I have made it as a question and answer interview, as in my research I found that readers prefer this. I have also included a quick fire round of short and simple questions to show some text that isn’t necessarily music related.

Here is the text

Stepping out from his big brothers shadow, Craig Mayor is here to stay! With his brothers band: The Reckless Rockers dominating the music charts for the past 7 weeks, with 5 years experience behind them, Craig’s first single knocked them off the top spot just weeks after it was released. In the past Craig has been known as the little brother of a rocker, but now he’s proved himself as an excellent musician who’s here to stay.
Wow, you’ve had a great introduction to the music industry, how does it feel to knock your brother off the top spot? Well tbh it’s brilliant that people like my music and have got it to the top spot, but there’s no competition with myself and my brothers band. We have completely different sounds, we support each other completely. I mean I’ve learnt everything I know about music from lee so it’s like something we share and have in common.
For people who haven’t heard your music, how are you different to The Reckless Rockers? I think we have a completely different sound. They [the reckless rockers] are more rock and loud, whereas I tend to make more mellow acoustic music, there songs are mostly written for them, but I write my own from my life experiences.
Are you surprised how quickly your fan base has built up? Yeah definitely, it was only last year I was a kid in college making YouTube covers in my spare time. Now I get to make music full time and get paid for it which is a plus. It makes it just so more fun when you no people are enjoying your music to.
Wow, things have moved fast for you then. How did you get
recognised? Well I have my brother to thank for that, I was visiting him at one of his recording sessions, and there was an acoustic guitar sat there, so obviously I started playing and my brother’s manager walked in with some of his friends. Turns out his friend was starting a new label and was looking for new artists, he invited me to come play for him, and I was signed within 3 meetings.
Your sound is different to what we normally see in the charts, who are your musical influences? I have a lot of respect for many musicians, but I think artists who play a lot of acoustic music inspire me. Artists such as John Mayer, James Morrison and James Blunt. Their lyrics are meaningful and have a purpose where some singers are just in it to sell records.
Since the success youve had from your single, do you plan on releasing and alb
um? Yeah, I’ve been working really hard getting some songs down. I’m actually recording a couple of the tracks later this week, were lucky to be working with some great producers so hopefully the fans will really like it, and have the success of the single.
Quick Fire round for the fans to get to know you

Favourite colour:
blue, no no umm green
Favourite food:
everything, haha pasta
Favourite song:
Who says - John Mayer
Best childhood memory:
Ohh there’s so many, umm the summer family holidays down by the lake, camping and playing guitar under the sunset
Favourite country:
I haven’t really travelled much, but I’ve been to LA and that was nice so, America

I have also chosen my images for the music magazine double page spread. I am going to use 3 images, some of them our music related, where others are not to keep it balanced. I am making my double page spread on the programme quark, there colours and text effects are different to that on Photoshop so it will be hard to carry on the conventions from the front cover and contents page, but I will try to make them as similar as possible.

Images i am going to use on my double page spread

No comments:

Post a Comment