Wednesday 31 March 2010

Research and Decisions

I have been looking at the front cover layouts of other music magazines. I prefer the layouts which are more simple and do not have too many pictures. Just simple a simple image which has the majority of the space and smaller cover lines and sell lines around the image. I like the conventions set out in blender magazine, and would like to use similar in my own magazine, however i will be using a more age appropriate image


I also printed a page of fonts in different sizes from quark. I tested 17 fonts in sizes 12pt, 14pt and 18pt. For my double page spread 18pt will be too small for my masthead. Also 12pt on some fonts is still to big for the text, from looking at other magazines the use around 8pt or 10pt. I choose Lucinda Sans to be the font of my text. It is simple and easy to read even when in a small pt size.

No comments:

Post a Comment